WHO WE ARE
We are registered in Switzerland under company number CHE-109.867.307 and have our registered office at 14, rue Ferrier, CH- 1202 Geneva – Switzerland.
HOW WE COLLECT DATA FROM YOU
When you visit our website or use our Services, we collect personal data from you via three main methods:
Information you provide to us directly: For example, you may give us your contact details or billing details by filling in an enquiry form on our website or an order form for our Services or by corresponding with us in person, by phone, post email or otherwise.
Information we get from third parties. Most of the data we collect we collect from you directly but sometimes we might also collect personal data about you from publicly available materials or trusted third parties like our marketing and sales partners. Information from these sources may be used to supplement the personal data we already hold about you, to personalize and improve our Services or to validate data provided by you.
THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Depending on which of our Services you use or access, we may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you including:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of Services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes IP address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only ever process your personal data:
- to perform a contract with you; or
- where we have legitimate interests to process your personal data and those interests are not overridden by your rights; or
- in accordance with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
- where we have your consent.
Primarily we use your personal data to operate our website, to provide our Services to you and to manage our relationship with you. We may also use your personal data for other purposes including:
- To communicate with you: To provide information which you have requested from us or which we are required to send to you, to send operational and/or marketing communications to you and to request feedback from you.
- To improve our Services and develop new ones: We track and monitor use of our Services so that we can continue to improve them and so that we can optimize user experience.
- To support you: To resolve technical support issues.
- To analyze and report: We may use your personal data together with that of other users of our Services to produce aggregated and anonymized analytics and reports.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We may need to share and/or process your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
- other companies in our group;
- third parties who facilitate delivery of our Services;
- our professional advisers;
- regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate we will notify you of this type of disclosure;
- other third parties where we have your consent.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view as to what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which of our Services and offers may be relevant for you.
You may receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased Services from us or if you provided us with your details when you registered for an account on our website or a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the GHS group of companies for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into our website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at email@example.com.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
We will we keep your Contact Data after for a reasonable period of time after a contract between you and us has ended in case you choose to use the relevant Services again. In such event and unless you have opted-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may contact you about our Services during this time.
Following the period outlined above we will ensure that your personal data is deleted or anonymized.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you register for an account on our website you are responsible for upholding the confidentiality of your password and account information.
You have rights under data protection laws in some circumstances to:
- request access to your personal data;
- request correction of your personal data;
- request erasure of your personal data;
- object to processing of your personal data;
- request restriction of processing your personal data;
- request transfer of your personal data; and
- to withdraw your consent.
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You will not usually have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Attn: The Data Protection Officer
World Avenues Travel Services.
Address: 14 Rue Ferrier, CH- 1202 Geneva
Tel: +41 22 9069400 (During normal office hours 9.00am – 6.00pm)
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Essential cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalize our content for you.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
HOW TO BLOCK COOKIES
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
RETENTION OF COOKIES
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will be deleted when you close your browser.
We understand that you may want to know more about cookies. Here are some useful resources that provide detailed information about types of cookies, how they are used, and how you can manage your cookie preferences: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org